The Odd Gentlemen
, a diverse, multi-award winning, independent, narrative video game studio and creators of King’s Quest
(2016) and The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom
is looking for a talented QA Lead to join our (currently remote) team. We are staffing up on our upcoming innovative, narrative title. Follow @theoddgentlemen
on twitter for the latest job updates. Diverse applicants are always encouraged to and welcomed to apply.
Our ideal candidate has a proven eye for detail, excellent communication skills (written and verbal), is both collaborative and self-directed, and is willing to take ownership of our overall QA processes. An appreciation of storytelling and narrative games is key.
- Develop and write testing plans and implement effective testing methodologies
- Map out and schedule testing strategies for both current and future deadlines
- Provide insight and guidance on the creation, use, maintenance, and improvement of our current and future QA tools and processes
- Utilize testing tools such as issue tracking databases and similar software
- Manage day-to-day activity in issue tracking database, including routing issues, providing feedback to junior testers on the quality of their write-ups, anticipating usage issues, and performing end-of-project triage
- Work closely with the Producer, Creative Director, and other team leads to provide timely and accurate updates related to the project and escalate critical issues to appropriate stakeholders
- Enforce testing policies, procedures and standards
- Professional level understanding game development practices
- Proven documentation of authoring test plans, test specs, and test cases
- Understanding of how to leverage QA best practices, principles, and methodologies.
- 2-3 years experience testing throughout the development lifecycle in software or AAA games
- Strong familiarity with one or more video game platforms (PC/Mac, Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, etc.)
- Experience working with Unity game engine
Please email Jobs@theoddgentlemen.com with a resume, cover letter, and portfolio materials or links.