Lead Gameplay Scripter/Designer
The Odd Gentlemen
, a multi-award winning, independent, narrative video game studio and creators of King’s Quest (2016) and The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom is looking for a talented Lead Gameplay Scripter/Designer to join our (currently remote) team. We are staffing up on our upcoming innovative, narrative title. Follow @theoddgentlemen
on twitter for the latest job updates.
The Odd Gentlemen are looking for a Lead Gameplay Scripter/Designer with narrative and puzzle design chops for a new stylized game. Our ideal candidate is an accomplished scripter/designer with experience developing high-quality console games. We are looking for someone who can take a narrative prompt and turn it into gameplay, someone who can contribute puzzles and gameplay ideas to the project and then implement them in Unity using a visual scripting language.
- Script a large portion of the gameplay in Unity using a visual scripting language like Bolt or Flow Canvas
- Lead the game scripting team
- Set script standards and workflow
- Generate and monitor time estimates
- Review scripts and provide clear, consistent, and constructive feedback to the team
- Work with Creative Director to breakdown script and design docs and bring gameplay concepts into player-focused experiences
- Be an advocate for the player in moment-to-moment experiences
- 5 years experience scripting on a console title with Bolt, Blueprints, Kismet, or a similar visual scripting system
- Shipped at least two console titles
- Strong design sense and ability to create new ideas, support existing ideas, and implement ideas in script in a timely manner
- Strong knowledge base in Unity
- Motivated to self-manage and actively seek answers, conduct research and explore creative solutions
- A passion for story-driven games and fantastical worlds and characters
Please email Jobs@theoddgentlemen.com
with a resume, cover letter, and portfolio materials or links. Additionally, a design test may be required.