Tequila Works is looking for a dynamic and experienced Senior Technical Designer to create amazing and challenging gaming experiences. As a member of our Design team, you will develop interesting, fun and challenging game features based on a creative vision. You will work together with different departments such as Art or Code to develop a memorable game.
We are based in Madrid, but currently working remotely.
- Understand and support game development from scratch and contribute with innovative and creative design ideas, following Tequila Works’ vision
- Create «bricks of gameplay» that level designers can drop in their levels with little to no tweaking and guide mechanics from concept to the final polish
- Create an amazing gameplay experience with the core game mechanics
- Be a link between design and code, understanding needs and offering solutions
- Establish with programmers how gameplay related features are implemented
- Evaluate the gameplay with the rest of the team and give feedback on the actual complexity of a feature (from an implementation point of view)
- Determine project design specifications to ensure high quality final product execution
- Extend existing functionality using the «tools» (scripting functions) made available by programmer
Requirements and Skills:
- +3 years of experience working in video game industry and having experienced the whole cycle of development from concept to release
- Computer Science degree is considered a definite advantage
- Broad knowledge of entertainment experiences, social gaming and game industry in general
- A working knowledge of standard industry game engines, design toolsets and production pipelines
- Extensive experience using Unreal Engine 4
- Extensive experience using Blueprints
- Resourcefulness and creativity in problem-solving with a user focused approach
- Have a flexible and open-minded approach to design and challenge convention
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Programming and AI knowledge a plus
To apply please send an email to email@example.com including Senior Technical Designer and your name in the subject. Please don’t forget to attach your CV and any other material that may impress us.