Supernatural won Fast Company's October 2020 award for Best App and is a next-generation fitness experience in VR (virtual reality) with real coaches, stunning natural environments, music from major record labels and new workouts released every day. Available now on Oculus Quest.
Developed by a team of passionate world-class experience designers, choreographers, game developers, trainers and physical fitness experts, Supernatural is a dynamic, immersive, experience that is always adapting to your needs, personalized for you, and available on demand, in your home.
The impact you'll have:
As an Audio Mixer, you will be responsible for preparing music files for our choreographers, creating spatial ambient landscapes for our in headset environments, and mixing trainer voice over files over music for final delivery in headset.
- Process and prepare licensed music/audio tracks for our level design pipeline.
- Generate precise tempo track automation to sync up with music tracks.
- QC track tempo for final and in-progress game levels.
- Mix and process weekly batches of 7-10 final mixes in a consistent, high quality manner.
- Finalize mix levels in headset and submit for final review/note pass by a creative director.
- Update and design environment ambiances as needed.
- Collaborate with the Studio team to adjust and improve sound recording/editing standards.
- Maintain, organize, and adjust audio processing plugin chains.
- Take on various tests and side projects with the team to better our offerings.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Entry level, preferred 3+ years of experience in music mixing, audio engineering, or video game audio engineering (school, internship, studio, agency or freelance)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- An eye for detail as well as great organizational skills
- Proficiency in Izotope RX
- Proficiency in a DAW of choice ex. Logic Pro X, Pro Tools, Reaper, etc.
- Ability to deliver high quality assets with little oversight required
- Proficient with both macOS & Windows 10
- Experience thriving in a startup environment
Bonus points for:
- 1+ years of VR pipeline experience
- Experience mixing workout content
- Degree in Music Production, Audio Engineering, or related field
- Experience with Sound Design
- Baseline Unity experience
- Project Management (Airtable, Jira, etc.)
At Supernatural, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Supernatural is committed to bringing together individuals from all different backgrounds and perspectives, however applicants from agencies as well as corporation to corporation work will not be considered at this time.