This job posting has already expired. However you can check our other Remote Programming Jobs.
Starting date: as soon as possible
Studio Fizbin is an award-winning independent studio from Germany, with offices in Berlin and Ludwigsburg. We make compelling and hand-crafted games since 2011. Last year, we released “Minute of Islands” and “Say No! More” among other projects and released “The Inner World 1+2” before. Now, we are going forward on our biggest project yet and want you to join us.
Do you love designing and implementing stable workflows, code guidelines and architectures which empowers an incremental development of games together with a talented team of artists, engineers and designers? You’re eager to empower your team to excel in their own respective technical fields and provide them with the proper guidance on how to navigate the madness-inducing dimension of game development?
If that sounds like you, send us your application!
Please note, that we as a company value diversity and want to strongly encourage people from marginalized groups to apply for positions at our studio. We strive to be an inclusive workplace for any gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, different ability and other walks of life.
- programming experience in game development (6+ years)
- credit on at least 1 shipped commercial title
- mastery of Unity3D and C# (6+ years)
- mastery of coding patterns and proven architecture
- experience with technical side of animation systems
- experience in implementing player control systems
- experience with VCS
- experience on leading a team of engineers
- experience on working closely with leads from other departments
- strong written and verbal, technical and non-technical communication skills
- affinity for action games or strategy and deck-building games
- required residency in Germany or willing to relocate to Germany before job start
- preferred working in Berlin or Ludwigsburg
- Lead a team of engineers in an agile environment with short release cycles
- Implement proven game and software development practices
- Create and maintain a technical vision which is aligned with the needs of all stakeholders
- Mentor and provide support for other team members
- Be responsible for recruiting of future team members
- Support planning with technical insights and breaking down of technical complex aspects of production
What we offer:
- competitive pay
- flexible work hours (32h/week for everyone)
- full support for company pension (Betriebsrente)
- yearly consulting from insurance partner
- additional bonus programs and subsidies
- a strict no crunch policy and correct handling of overtime
- flat company structures, valuing individual responsibilities and direct communication
- <3 for indie games and strong community access via our two indie game collectives
- a really bad-ass large-scale project to work on
To apply, please follow these instructions exactly:
Send us an email with the subject line “Technical Director” to our management director Alexander to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your resume in the body of the email, as well as links to your portfolio, and/or a link to any personal work. In this context feel free to exclude your name, age, gender and/or picture. Please try not to include any file attachments. Please complete the questionnaire below and include it in the body of the e-mail.
Please, include your answers to the following questions in your application. Please, be concise. However, there is no minimum or maximum word count.
- Why do you want to work at Studio Fizbin?
- What feature or project are you particularly proud of? What did you contribute to the project? Please, explain what it was and what you did in a non-technical fashion.
- What do you think makes good technical leadership?
- Elden Ring, Hotline Miami, Dead Cells: Describe a shared gameplay mechanic and what you think is most challenging in implementing it.
- Please, state your salary expectations based on 32h/week.
Thanks a lot! Let’s build something cool together.