Starting date: December 2022
Studio Fizbin is an award-winning independent studio from Germany, with offices in Berlin and Ludwigsburg. We make compelling and hand-crafted games since 2011. Last year, we released “Minute of Islands” and “Say No! More” among other projects and released “The Inner World 1+2” before. Now, we are going forward on our biggest project yet and want you to join us.
Creating striking poses and impactful animations for high speed action games gets your blood pumping? Smear frames, particle explosions and motion lines are your bread and butter? Enhancing gameplay with stylish visual effects is all you think about?
If that sounds like you, send us your application!
Please note, that we as a company value diversity and want to strongly encourage people from marginalized groups to apply for positions at our studio. We strive to be an inclusive workplace for any gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, different ability and other walks of life.
- finished relevant design degree or equivalent experience in working as an Animation + VFX Artist
- credit on at least 1 shipped commercial title
- fit and fast in 3D animation in Blender
- fit in frame by frame 2D VFX animation and real time VFX
- experience with Spine animation is a plus
- affinity for stylised looks
- fit with graphic design tools like Photoshop and/or Clip Studio Paint
- fit in Unity
- strong written and verbal, technical and non-technical communication skills
- fluid English is required, German is a plus
- knowledge of agile project management methods is a plus
- required residency in Germany or willing to relocate to Germany before job start
- preferred working in Berlin or Ludwigsburg
- responsible for creating Animations and VFX from visual design to final implementation
- design and production of character animations, VFX and UI animations
- participate in developing new and improved asset pipelines and workflows
- coordination with game director, art director and game artists
What we offer:
- competitive pay
- flexible work hours (32h/week for everyone)
- full support for company pension (Betriebsrente)
- yearly consulting from insurance partner
- additional bonus programs and subsidies
- a strict no crunch policy and correct handling of overtime
- flat company structures, valuing individual responsibilities and direct communication
- <3 for indie games and strong community access via our two indie game collectives
- a really bad-ass large-scale project to work on
To apply, please follow these instructions exactly:
Send us an email with the subject line “Animation + VFX Artist” to our Art Director Ruth to email@example.com
. Please include your resume in the body of the email, as well as links to your portfolio, and/or a link to any personal work. In this context feel free to exclude your name, age, gender and/or picture. Please try not to include any file attachments. Please complete the questionnaire below and include it in the body of the e-mail.
Please, include your answers to the following questions in your application. Please, be concise. However, there is no minimum or maximum word count.
- Why do you want to work at Studio Fizbin?
- What feature or project are you particularly proud of? What did you contribute to the project? Please, explain what it was and what you did in a non-technical fashion.
- What makes a good VFX in your opinion?
- Please, state your salary expectations based on 32h/week.
Thanks a lot! Let’s build something cool together.