We are looking for a Senior professional Gameplay Programmer for our team based in Stockholm. Is this person you? Read on!
As our Gameplay Programmer you will:
- Collaborate with other disciplines such as design, art, animation and production, facilitating communication of ideas and issues across the organization
- Meet game design and technical requirements as well as internal coding structure
- Maintain and debug your own and existing code
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of appropriate technical documentation
- Promote solid engineering practices and ensure team alignment around coding standards
- Optimize code and data for memory usage/performance
- Identify and solve development obstacles or risks
- Be time-efficient with strict attention to deadlines
- Provide mentoring for individuals and contribute to building healthy and high performing teams
- Excellent C/C++ skills, with good knowledge of object-oriented development
- Ability to acclimate quickly to a large existing codebase
- Ability to prototype as well as producing final code
- Good understanding of gameplay systems, with strong debugging, profiling, optimizing, system design and 3D math skills
- Desire and ability to promote and coach team members in the production of high-quality code
- Excellent communications skills both spoken and written
- Excellent initiative, self-motivation, organisational and problem solving skills, with the ability to give direction
- Knowledge of common development tools such as Visual Studio and Perforce
- A genuine interest in playing and making games
- Experience in a leadership and/or mentoring role
- A passion for learning and sharing knowledge with the team and organization
About Star Stable Entertainment:
We are a passionate and happy bunch of 170+ creative brains from 20 different countries, dedicated to creating immersive and inspiring experiences for a global audience of girls. Founded in 2011 in Stockholm, Sweden, we are the makers of the popular adventure game Star Stable Online – the currently #1 ranked and fastest growing horse game globally.
Over the years we have extended our product line to music, publishing and several apps, continuously working to improve, grow and fulfill what’s at the heart of our mission – to inspire, to celebrate the power of sisterhood and to have a meaningful global impact, transforming the gaming industry into a more open-minded and inclusive environment.
Made it this far? Reach out, we’d love to learn more about you!