Are you sitting around on great new ideas for creating unforgettable content and are looking for a place for these ideas to come true? Then maybe our new opportunity as Game Designer might be something for you. Keep reading!
We are now looking for a Game Designer to join our magical adventure in Star Stable Online and create the most amazing content for our players in the Jorvik world. Join our passionate and multidisciplinary team to lead and implement those ideas into a memorable experience for our players.
As a Game Designer at Star Stable Entertainment...
- You are able to coordinate and communicate our next adventure or feature, together with the Product Owner, in a cross-functional team, taking into account our game direction, our player’s need for quality and variety, and our business goals.
- You’re responsible for the writing, scripting, and balancing associated with your designs.
- You use an inclusive process to ideate, design, estimate, and review your designs.
- You prototype mechanics and gameplay systems to help showcase and evaluate your thinking.
- (Senior?) You mentor and enable your team members to share experiences and learnings and actively contribute to improving pipelines and processes.
- (Senior?) You identify opportunities and find solutions, ensuring we can tackle any obstacles and can offer our players the best possible experience!
To thrive in this role, we believe that...
- You have experience as a Game Designer with a broad skill set, and a positive, self-driven mindset.
- You have experience in and are open to working with older game engines as well as more modern ones.
- You have significant experience with different scripting methods, and you strive for continuous learning and sharing of your knowledge.
- You can drive and create complete game design documentation for game content & features.
- You know how to test and debug your own creations, and you are used to owning the quality of what you deliver and how you deliver it.
- You have the ability to clearly articulate complicated systems to other team members and generate buy-in.
- You’re user-focused, passionate, resourceful, and solutions-oriented.
What’s in it for you?
- This role is in a growing and cross-functional team, giving you a fantastic opportunity to shape the role and grow.
- A pretty sweet mission. We want to build quality games for girls, and we take that vision very seriously. We strive to hit that mark every single day.
- We may be a big group, but we’re a tight-knit team! A diverse team of friendly, fun, and supportive co-workers from 20 different countries!
- We’re more than 54% of females! #YES to #WomenInTech!
- 30 Vacation Days.
- ITP1 Insurance plan.
- Parental pay top up to 90%
- 5,000 SEK per year Health allowance.
About Star Stable Entertainment:
We are a passionate and happy bunch of 170+ creative brains from 20 different countries, dedicated to creating immersive and inspiring experiences for a global audience of girls. Founded in 2011 in Stockholm, Sweden, we are the makers of the popular adventure game Star Stable Online – the currently #1 ranked and fastest growing horse game globally.
Over the years we have extended our product line to music, publishing and several apps, continuously working to improve, grow and fulfill what’s at the heart of our mission – to inspire, to celebrate the power of sisterhood and to have a meaningful global impact, transforming the gaming industry into a more open-minded and inclusive environment.
Made it this far? Reach out, we’d love to learn more about you!