This job posting has already expired. However you can check our other Remote Programming Jobs.
Skybound is looking for a passionate and inventive Gameplay Engineer to create amazing experiences for our players. Gameplay Engineers partner with designers and artists to bring the moment-to-moment player experience to life. On the bleeding edge of blistering fun, feedback and player empowerment, gameplay engineers work on a multitude of systems, modes, and tools. The ideal candidate will be passionate about gameplay and core player interactions.
As a Gameplay Engineer, you will work collaboratively with cross functional teams on the foundations of a new, unannounced project. You’ll contribute to multiple game systems help maintain the highest bar for game quality.
Reports: This position will report to the Executive Producer of an Unannounced Project
Responsibilities: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work collaboratively with a team of passionate engineers, designers, and animators
- Create and improve tools and workflows to assist in rapid development and prototyping
- Represent the player at all times, delivering satisfying, polished, and extensible game features
- Optimize and debug both code and content across the game as needed
- Work in an Agile process to provide accurate schedules and estimates for completing tasks on time
- 3+ years of experience in game development
- Fluent in C/C++
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Self-motivated with excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience as a gameplay engineer on multiple PC/console title
- Understanding of animation technology and character controls
- Experience with character combat, AI, and sophisticated character state machines
- Proficient in 3D mathematics
- Unreal Engine experience
- Passion for video game development
- Passion for combat-oriented games
- Passion for Skybound IP
Job Type: Regular, Full-Time
Salary Range: $80,000-$120,000
- Actual base salary is dependent on several factors including but not limited to; market dynamics, location and region, experience, specialized skills/training (education), level of responsibility, budgetary considerations, tenure at the company (for current employees), etc.
- The salary range listed is just one component of the total compensation package for employees
- Compensation decisions are dependent on circumstances of each role
Skybound offers a wide array of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending and dependent care accounts, as well as free counseling through our Employee Assistance Program (EAP). We also offer a 401K plan with 4% match, 12 weeks of paid parental leave, generous time off, wellness benefits, and tuition reimbursement. This role may also qualify for a possible discretionary bonus annually.
Skybound is a multiplatform content company working closely with creators and their intellectual properties, extending stories and universes to new platforms, including comics, television, film, tabletop and video games, books, digital content, events, and beyond. We are home to critically-acclaimed global franchises, including The Walking Dead and Invincible.
Skybound Games produces, publishes and distributes video and tabletop games across all genres, including the multi-million-unit selling The Walking Dead video game series. In addition to our wholly-owned franchises, we work with independent developers to foster and create original games with compelling characters and worlds, strong creator and artistic focus, and innovative approaches to engaging genres.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Skybound we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! Skybound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, hair texture or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Skybound complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination.
Skybound will consider applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the CA Fair Chance Act and Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.