This job posting has already expired. However you can check our other Remote Community Management Jobs.
Rose City Games is looking for a new team member! We’re a small indie game studio & publisher based in Portland, OR USA - currently working on Garden Story and Floppy Knights. We’re seeking someone thoughtful, innovative, and experienced to foster our existing community as our titles approach their release. We are also continually focused on growing our audience, and we need your help in introducing more people to our studio and games!
We’re aiming for our new hire to kick off as early as May 3!
This is a part time, mid-level contractor position with the intention of moving into full-time employment. You will be working alongside our current Marketing Manager, PR lead, and partners (Nintendo, Valve, etc.) as our release campaigns ramp up over the next few months.
We focus on making games with striking art styles, fantastical stories, unforgettable soundtracks, and accessibility that welcomes new players. Our internal processes are collaborative and transparent to create a healthy environment for creativity as we balance knowledge from our prior projects with an adaptive nature that allows the studio to work with new and exciting partners & opportunities.
- Develop and execute strategies to grow and retain the fan community for Rose City Games and our products.
- Create content to keep our current community engaged and help spread awareness to a larger audience.
- Manage and post to multiple platforms (Steam, Twitter, Discord) associated with our studio and our games.
- Manage the Rose City Games Discord by being representative of our studio values, enforcing our code of conduct, and creating a welcoming environment. This includes recruiting and managing moderators as needed.
- Track metrics and performance of engagement to drive growth.
- Track opportunities for showcases, events, and activations for our games.
- Be the first point of contact for players submitting bug reports and feedback via our channels.
- Contribute to game development and design by presenting community feedback, coordinating playtest sessions, and tracking feedback surveys for our products, including facilitating post-launch campaigns.
- Represent Rose City Games to the indie games community as a whole via our online channels.
- Work with the team to continue developing and maintaining our voice as a studio.
- Experience with growing and managing a community for a game studio and its products.
- Great at self managing, including leading team meetings about the studio’s community.
- Proficient with image and video editing software (e.g. Photoshop, Premiere, or similar applications.)
- Able to create quality, planned social content in addition to responsive content based on studio/project updates.
- A deep understanding of the indie games space and how to engage with fans.
- Strong copywriting skills for tweets, press releases, and similar forward-facing marketing materials.
- Excitement for marketing, learning new skills, and innovating how we engage with our community.
- Experience using project management software (e.g. Asana, Trello) and Google Drive to manage project communication and file-sharing.
- Not afraid to ask questions or for additional support when needed.
The following skills and experience would be beneficial, but are not required:
- Experience in growing audiences via newsletters, Twitch, and Instagram.
- An understanding of the influencer/content creator ecosystem or past experience in building and maintaining relationships between games/studios and content creators.
- Interest in representing the studio for on-camera interviews opportunities (e.g. Indie World Directs, developer conference panels, etc.) and in-person events in the future.
- Familiarity in updating and managing Squarespace sites.
- Experience in community development during a project’s release.
- Graphic design, digital art, or photography experience.
- Previous experience at conventions planning, building, or hosting booths.
Due to the pandemic, we’re currently working remotely, but are planning to return to an office space by the end of 2021 or the beginning of 2022. You do not need to live in the Portland area to apply! If you’re in the PDT timezone, that’s great, but we’re willing to work with someone farther away if it’s the right fit! Our normal operating hours are in the 9am-6pm PDT range, and we expect to share a majority of our work hours together.
To apply, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- The job title in the subject line of the email.
- Your resume and cover letter.
- Examples of your previous work (website, social accounts, other past project information.)
- Two professional references and their contact information.
- Your earliest start date and any special scheduling considerations within the month after that start date.
We will aim to reach out to you within a week after receiving your application and notify you when the selection process has been completed. If you are selected for an interview, we will reach out to schedule a video call and discuss next steps.
If you’re confident that you have the skills but still lack industry experience, we would still encourage you to apply. Rose City Games has been the first games industry job for many of us, with just about everyone coming from different professional backgrounds. We also understand that gaining industry experience can be challenging for members of marginalized communities, if you don’t check every box listed above but feel like you’d be a great candidate for the role, let us know!