At Roll7, we create exciting and critically acclaimed video games - including the BAFTA-winning OlliOlli franchise. Innovation, freedom, and a real sense of fun are at the heart of everything we do, from creating award-winning original IPs to the everyday business of running our unique remote workplace set-up.
Being a remote studio - the majority of our employees work from home nine days out of ten - allows us to offer a high degree of freedom and autonomy to our motivated and creative staff. Everyone at Roll7 can work in a way that allows them to balance impressive workplace achievements with their own responsibilities at home.
Fortnightly meetups in our London office, combined with a robust online communication system, mean that we still retain all the positives of a welcoming and friendly office environment - without the downsides of a long and expensive commute. After all, most of us would rather be at home with our families and pets (or our game consoles) than crammed onto an overcrowded commuter train or stuck in traffic.
We love to give every employee a chance to play and contribute to the games we make, we love giving people the freedom to pursue their own path to success, and we hate crunch.
Check out our website for a complete list of staff benefits and more details on our company culture.
Working on an exciting original IP, we are looking for an experienced and accomplished Console Programmer. You will be working on bringing the project to current and next gen consoles, working with the programming and design team to craft an experience that makes sense for console specific play style.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated and takes pride in solving difficult problems and delivering quality work.
- Work together with our artists and designers to bring features to life
- Develop in collaboration with other programmers, taking responsibility for large tasks
- Contribute to the technical design of game systems
- Help maintain code quality and maintainability
- Prototype and polish gameplay features
- Create and integrate development tools and testing procedures
- Write optimised code considering CPU, memory and network requirements
- 2+ years of industry experience
- 2+ years of Unity experience
- Ideally shipped a title on either Playstation, Xbox, or Nintendo Switch
- Ideally experience with console submission requirements (TRCs, XRs, LotCheck)
- Have a strong grasp of C#, software design, programming and debugging games on consoles
- A good sense of game design and content design
- Experience with UI implementation
Good to know Equal opportunities At Roll7, our team is at the heart of everything we do, and it matters to us that everyone feels comfortable and valued at work. We are an equal opportunities employer, and we have a keen commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment where all of our employees are accepted and valued as part of the team. We hire based on talent and suitability for the role - regardless of race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status. Remote work Roll7 is a remote studio, and this role requires the applicant to undertake the vast majority of their work at home (nine out of ten days). Appropriate equipment, dev kits and software licenses will be supplied as required. One day a fortnight we work from central London as a team, therefore applicants MUST be based in the UK.