Reanimated Digital is a new indie studio with secured funding looking for a Senior 3D artist with ample experience for our tenured team. We are working on a grassroots, 3D MMORPG with unique features and are looking for passionate developers to join in early in our growth.
Our Senior 3D artist position is open to artists with experience in creating and implementing high-quality 3D art assets, especially stylised art, in the Unity engine, as well as communicating their work effectively and concisely with studio leadership. You will join an exceptional team of industry professionals with expertise in the field who will trust you to self-manage many aspects of your role.
You will be given the freedom of self-selecting your hours to meet your weekly responsibilities. You will work closely with the Art Director, Project Manager and the rest of your art team to ensure that the game's visuals are of the highest quality and meet the creative vision for the project. We are looking for artists that excel in stylised character designs, as well as environmental and prop artists.
- Create high-quality 3D assets and environments for the game, especially in the area of your skills in characters, props, or environments.
- Working with other disciplines, such as development, animation and more, clear written and verbal communication skills are very important to us.
- Work collaboratively with the Art Director and other artists to ensure that the game's visuals are consistent and of the highest quality.
- Utilise industry-standard software and tools to create assets and ensure they are optimized for performance and to ensure that the quality of work is consistent and of the highest standard
- Be part of the hiring process for Art team members, especially highlighting your skills and theirs to ensure a wide range of high skill in the Art team.
- Participate in weekly leadership meetings and scrums to keep the team aware of what you are working on.
- Work with Project Manager to organise Art team meetings to provide your team with feedback on performance, monitoring and training the team to best achieve Art goals.
- At least 5 years of experience as a 3D artist, especially in the gaming industry.
- Expert-level knowledge of industry-standard software and tools, such as Blender, Maya, ZBrush, Marmoset and Photoshop. We also appreciate experience in iconography, typography, colour theory, shape language, marketing/branding and art direction.
- Strong understanding of 3D modeling, texturing, UV mapping/unwrapping
- Outstanding proficiency in designing for video game development with deep understanding of the digital entertainment world and it’s technologies, technical constraints and terminologies, especially implementing art into Unity.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiasm for and interest in mentoring junior developers and including studio leadership in your process.
- Awareness of current trends in social media, video games especially MMORPGs.
We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet the above guidelines as we are always interested in expanding our team with talented and like-minded individuals.
How to apply:
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to organise a time for an interview. Please include a copy of your CV, especially including a summary of your experience managing a team, or working at other game development studios. We would like to see a portfolio of your previous work, especially on 3d models.
We look forward to hearing from you.