Who We Are
PowerSpike is a media & technology company focused on building the most compelling and streamlined destination for activating sponsorships within gaming communities. PowerSpike collaborates with 30,000+ gaming and esports influencers to execute premium, authentic influencer marketing campaigns. PowerSpike’s influencer network reaches over 150M viewers every month and has already grown over 1000% in 2020. The 5-year-old company is backed by Techstars, Cox Enterprises, the Sixers Innovation Lab, the Dorm Room Fund, and Ocean Azul Partners.
What we’re building
PowerSpike is building the world’s first Influencer Exchange.
Like a traditional ad exchange, where buyers can place bids for ads in real-time, PowerSpike’s technology instead enables brands to bid on influencers. We’re taking the simple and streamlined experience of programmatic advertising, and combining it with the authenticity of influencer marketing to deliver instantly scalable influencer campaigns. Think Google Ads meets influencers. Currently focused on the gaming space, our technology enables brands like Intuit Quickbooks and Activision Blizzard to launch influencer campaigns across our network of over 30,000+ Twitch streamers, just like they'd make a media buy.
Your work will directly help influencers pursue their dreams and assist some of the biggest brands in the world in streamlining their influencer marketing efforts.
What we need
We’re looking for a dedicated, passionate, innovative, and security-oriented Backend Web Developer to work on bringing PowerSpike’s databases and API’s to life.
Reporting directly to the VP of Development, you will be responsible for building bug-free data solutions which will deliver information to influencers, brands and advertisers to help them make critical marketing decisions for their spends. If the words RPC, distributed servers, and scalable architecture excite you - then we want to talk.
We value learning, creativity, radical candor, positivity and collaboration - and as one of the first people at PowerSpike, we’re looking for someone who can help us define our culture and processes for years to come. Simply put, we believe in hiring A+ people, giving them clarity in what success means, and then supporting them to their fullest potential.
- Managing, maintaining and upgrading Powerspike’s internal API
- Developing and maintaining microservices
- Develop scalable APIs for both internal and public consumption
- Implement, maintain and improve scalable databases
- Design and ensure data security and integrity
- Develop reusable and sustainable code
- 2-5+ years experience in backend development
- Server side language (Go/Python preferred)
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with AWS and Google CloudDatabase language (MySQL preferred)
- Experience with distributed systems and microservice architecture
- Experience with machine learning
- Ability to adapt to new situations and learn new skills/languages
- Knowledge of Git
BONUS POINTS IF
- You’ve worked at a startup or attempted to launch your own startup before (even if it failed)
- You’re a gamer, streamer, or fan of live streaming platforms like Twitch/Mixer/YouTube Live
- You’ve worked on ad exchanges or advertising/influencer related technology in the past
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Generous PTO
- Medical Insurance
- Early access to new products, games and services emerging in the space
- Opportunity to be on the ground floor of one of the fastest growing startups in the gaming ecosystem
PowerSpike, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.