PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Software Engineer
This position can be fully remote for anyone in the USA or Canada.
PlayStation Studios Visual Arts (PSSVA) of Sony Interactive Entertainment is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our development team. This role requires proficiency in multiple programming languages, familiarity with digital content creation tools, strong software design skills, and a dedication to writing robust and maintainable code. You will be responsible for the development and support of an array of studio tools encompassing our production pipeline, motion-capture and facial animation systems, and tools for creating 3D game content. The position requires collaboration with other engineers, our project management team, and the different artist teams being supported.
On the server side, our production pipeline is a suite of proprietary micro-services that handle asset and workflow management, artist tasking, environment management, render farm and automation coordination, push notifications, and more. On the client side, there are a variety of graphical tools for artists and technical users, some of which function as standalone interfaces while others are integrated into the content creation tools the teams use.
- At least 5 years of experience writing tools, libraries and plug-ins in the Visual Effects or Video Game industry
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent program
- Advanced programming knowledge in C++ and Python
- Knowledge of the Autodesk Maya API, both python and C++
- Knowledge of user interface design with the Qt/PyQt/Pyside toolkit
- Proven ability to deliver high-quality software in a production environment
- Experience with continuous integration systems, preferably Jenkins
- Experience with a JVM language, preferably Scala
- Experience with NoSQL databases, preferably MongoDB
- Knowledge of debugging in Windows, Linux, and OS X
- Knowledge of the Autodesk Motionbuilder Python API