PerBlue is looking for our next great Senior Game Designer
to join our team of experienced mobile game creators. We’re a growing independent studio whose free-to-play midcore mobile games are being played by millions of people around the world, including the award-winning Disney Heroes: Battle Mode
Our team brings together experience from major studios in the videogame and technology industries. Headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, we also work remotely around the United States for an unmatched quality of life and work.
As an experienced game designer, you’ll work cross-functionally to create great experiences for our game players around the world. Your strength in systems design will be the deciding factor in your successful candidacy.
- Serve as lead game systems designer for one of our games, while mentoring junior designers in full-cycle design work
- Lead full design pitch starting with an initial spec
- Build and deliver mockups, lead playtesting at scale, lead fast iteration on games in development
- 3+ years as a game designer for commercially successful free-to-play games
- Documented strength in designing systems that monetize at scale for free-to-play games
- Experience in creating mockups and prototypes hands-on in-engine (Unity preferred)
Your personal attributes
- Naturally curious about our fans and which systems create greater engagement
- Interested in the math and data behind successful systems design
- Self motivated, with a strong desire to learn new things
- Humble and curious, able to iterate quickly based on feedback from a game’s fan base
- Alignment with PerBlue’s efforts to be a welcoming, inclusive and diverse workplace
Additional qualifications to highlight in your application
- Experience in mobile free-to-play game systems design
Compensation and Benefits
We are a Remote First company headquartered in downtown Madison, Wisconsin with team members based around the US. We offer a competitive base salary; incentive bonus structure; 6+ weeks of paid time off; comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; a well-matched 401k; flexible hours; and a variety of other perks including daily lunch delivery.
You'll be part of a passionate, welcoming, and collaborative team that has received several “Best Place to Work” awards by a variety of publications. We are headquartered in the vibrant neighborhood around beautiful downtown Madison
No agencies, please. This is a pretty good description of this position’s roles and responsibilities but is not a comprehensive job description, so duties and supervisors may change. We regret that we cannot consider visa sponsorship or candidates based outside of the United States or Canada for this position at this time.