Miami Avalon is looking for an experienced and creative individual to join our team as a UE5 Programmer. You’ll be joining the team on an ambitious and original celestial-themed puzzle game. This would be a short-term role to support the development of 3 puzzle systems that need working on and our Tomb Raider-style climbing system.
Ascend is an indie adventure puzzle game where a young woman must navigate to the top of a mystical mountain learning the secrets of both the past and the future to find balance in all aspects of life. Throughout the story, the player will encounter puzzles that they must complete to continue progressing.
- Manipulate an Orrery to redirect water and reveal pathways after inserting planets you’ve found in the environment or by completing mini puzzles.
- Position these to send a beam of intensely focused sunlight into a target receptacle, activating whatever “switch” to be unlocked. Pillars that block the path of the beam can be knocked down.
- Implement gameplay systems in a puzzle adventure game currently in development
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable blueprints
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs and devise solutions for these issues.
- Assist in maintaining code quality and organization
- You have substantial experience working with Blueprints on a game that has successfully shipped, preferably in the puzzle genre
- Able to work flexibly on both routine and more complex tasks across various projects
- High level of attention to detail
- You excel at working independently, without excessive structure or oversight