Plantation, FL; Sunnyvale, CA; Culver City, CA; Toronto, ON; Austin, TX; Seattle, WA; Remote
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of people who share a magical vision of the future. And we’re growing.
Our mission is to harmonize people and technology to create a better, more unified world. Our vision is to amplify the best parts of you and to advance the human spirit.
In this position, you will contribute to the development of LuminOS. You will be part of the Input team that develops cutting-edge user interactions by fusing multiple input modalities and using industry-leading technologies.
- Build Middleware services for the Magic Leap Product Operating System
- Designing and Developing core OS middleware systems using C and/or C++
- Producing unit, functional, integration and interoperability tests, including automating tests when possible.
- Writing technical documents, including architecture diagrams and API descriptions
- Working with application developers and embedded software developers to coordinate feature development
- 7+ years Experience with C++ and C
- Experience with low-latency operating systems development
- Very strong programming skills
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with other existing middleware service systems for mobile platforms (IPC, Touch/Input, Camera, etc.)
- Familiarity with existing OS Middleware Services (bluez/bluedroid, gstreamer, input management, system policy, etc.) a plus.
- Experience with Android and/or Android Services, and the Android NDK
- Experience with Android & GNU Makefiles, ADB, shell scripts.
- Experience with version control & continuous integration tools: Git/repo, Gerrit
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.