Canada Only: British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario and Quebec
Senior Game Developer (Unity)
Kano (www.kanoapps.com) is looking for a seasoned game developer with experience shipping at least 1 Unity game to work on our new title FUBAR: Just Give'r . You enjoy solving complex device and game platform problems where you can exercise your practical technical knowledge. You also effectively collaborate with others to provide technical expertise to identified issues.
As a small team where the code you write gets deployed fast, you’ll also be responsible for development, testing, and code quality.
We offer flexible hours to accommodate real lives (the ones outside of the office too!), a good natured and nerdy group of peers, the opportunity to make an impact in the work you do, and the chance to work in beautiful Victoria, BC. This position is open to remote work however, preference will be given to those candidates located in B.C.
Your background should include:
- 5+ years development with high-level languages
- 3+ years of development with Unity or a similar engine, with at least 1 shipped product
- Deep understanding of creating mobile apps for iOS and Android with Unity
- Product-centric development: you think about the end result
- Proven ability to think strategically as well as recent hands on programming experience
- You have created applications that serve thousands of people at a time with ease
- Strong understanding of OO and modern software design principles
- A strong desire to build something that people really want
It'd be a big plus if you have:
- Experience shipping social or mobile applications (iOS, Android, Facebook, etc)
- Back-end or full stack development experience
- Experience with AWS
- Working knowledge or experience with Unix/Linux
- Continuous integration and automated testing experience