Location - Kelowna, Vancouver, Seattle or Remote (Canada, WA or CA)
COVID-19 UPDATE: Please note that all Hyper Hippo Entertainment (HHE) employees are working remotely for the time being due to COVID-19, as the health & safety of our employees and their families is extremely important to us. Due to this, we’re currently having all new hires begin work with us remotely rather than in our office locations.
At Hyper Hippo Entertainment, our games pair enticing gameplay with clear and beautiful UI to deliver exceptional player experience and value. As a UI Artist, you can take designs from our UX Designers and partner with Software Developers to make them a reality inside Unity. You will be responsible for creating interface assets, authoring and implementing game UI within Unity and understanding a responsive interface’s needs. Your ability to apply design thinking enables you to solve complex problems while remaining flexible, adaptable and focused in sometimes ambiguous situations.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who can identify and offer alternative design solutions when encountering technical limitations in existing live products and can hit the ground running on our new and ongoing projects.
A UI Artist’s Impact
- Collaborate with UI/UX Designers and Software Developers to implement UI in Unity which provides an outstanding experience for mobile play on a variety of devices
- Creating interface assets for menus, animations, HUDs, icons, buttons while following creative and art direction
- Converting UI art into optimized assets for game implementation
- Collaborate closely with Software Developers to determine technical requirements and maintaining communication to ensure a successful hand-off
- Give insights and suggestions for workflow improvements, balancing development efficiency and meeting targeted game performance
Your Track Record Includes
- 2+ years of professional work experience as a UI Artist, Technical Artist or similar UI-related role
- 2+ years experience of implementing UI in Unity including:
- Unity Sprite atlases and Unity Text Mesh Pro usage, caveats and optimizations
- Efficiently working with UI Canvases, sorting, batching, layouts and the transform hierarchy
- Manipulation of materials and custom components
- Animation of UI elements
- Knowledge of design software such as Adobe CC Suite and Sketch
- Collaborating closely with software development teams to solve problems and establish development practices
- Working within agile design and development
- Strong understanding of how design choices translate into development
- Nice to have
- Basic understanding of Unity Shaders
- Programming in Unity (C#)
- Competitive salary
- Extraordinary incentive plan
- Extended health, dental & vision benefits + a health & wellness spending account
- 3 weeks vacation + 10 paid personal/sick days per year
- Annual self-development budget to attend conferences, courses, training – you name it!
Our Core Values
- We Are Bold
- We Are One Team
- We Are Player-First
- We Are Creative
- We Are Transparent
- We Are Futuristic
What We’re Building at Hyper Hippo Entertainment
Hyper Hippo is an award-winning entertainment studio, driven to entertain, connect, and inspire billions of fans around the world.
Founded in 2012, by the creator of Club Penguin, Lance Priebe, Hyper Hippo is the studio behind the smash-hit idle games, AdVenture Capitalist (with 50+ million players), and AdVenture Communist - a cult mobile hit.
Headquartered in Canada, with studios in Kelowna, Vancouver, and Seattle, Hyper Hippo brings together an exceptionally creative team that is relentlessly focused on innovating and exploring new forms of entertainment.