Job Title: Senior Gameplay Engine Programmer
Reporting To: CEO & Lead Programmer
Location: Santa Monica, CA, or Remote
Sky Castle Studios is currently seeking a Senior Gameplay Engine Programmer to bring gaming engine technology to the Hero Forge
platform. Working with our software development team and 3D artists, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the company’s core technologies through the development of a Hero Forge cross platform gameplay engine from the ground up, including gameplay systems and development tools for artists and designers.
- Design and develop a cross platform gameplay engine for mobile and PC games.
- Monitor, maintain, and optimize the performance of the gameplay system across all platforms.
- Implement game features and integrate engine features as needed to support desired gameplay.
- Provide hooks between low-level technology and game-level systems.
- Provide regular updates on technology risks and obstacles to designers, leads, and producers
- Test, debug, and document code.
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills.
- Strong math skills with excellent knowledge about 3D graphics algorithms and techniques.
- Experience with implementing network gameplay, AI, animations, or physics.
- Experience using core systems, such as rendering, tools, audio, memory management, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Math related field.
- Knowledge of parallel programming and multi-threaded systems.
- Professional experience using a modern game engine such as Unreal or Unity.
- Experience with at least one AAA shipped title.
At Sky Castle Studios, diversity is not just a core value, but a foundation of what we do. We strive to embrace our differences in the workplace, and to promote respectful representation of all people through the content we create. Diversity brings fresh perspectives that help us to better serve our community. Wherever you come from, and whatever background you bring, we’re excited to hear from you!
Sky Castle Studios is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious creed, observance, or practice, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.