Job title: Publicist
Location/Type: Office PE28 / Remote / Permanent employment
Level/Salary Range: Dependent on Experience
Position Type: Full Time
Reports to: Head of Public Relations
Vacancy Status: Accepting Applications
Closing Date: Monday 6th July at the latest
Heaven Media is a marketing agency which delivers campaigns globally. We operate solely within the Gaming and eSports industry with specialist knowledge and experience within this market. Our core services are events, sponsorships, influencers, social media and content creation, creative services (video production and photography), advertising, computer equipment hire and public relations.
The Client Services team are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Publicist who will report into the Head of PR and work alongside the wider PR team. The role will require you to use your creative, communicative, and organisational skills for delivering client campaigns and own brand initiatives.
You will be a confident and creative individual with a can-do attitude and excellent organisation skills. Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritise are crucial to the role. You will work well autonomously as well as collaboratively with the ability to build strong working relationships at all levels. You will have the willingness to travel when required for the role.
- Responsible for planning and implementation of PR contracts secured by Heaven Media.
- Pitch stories and ideas to media outlets on behalf of the client.
- Build and manage day to day relations with media, journalists, clients and the industry contacts.
- Respond quickly to inquiries and manage a schedule of regular communication.
- Organising and managing press days, launches, photoshoots, and briefings.
- Arrange publicity opportunities such as speaking engagements, appearances, and interviews.
- Draft talking points for the client and help them prepare for press visits, conferences and interviews.
- Write, edit and distribute emails, press releases, newsletters, brochures and other press material and assets.
- Collaborate with other internal service teams to maximise opportunities and facilitate the effective delivery of HM Client Services.
- Participate in meetings with clients or other team members.
- To assist on and deliver innovative, creative and proactive publicity across the portfolio, making sure that you generate targeted, effective coverage.
- Monitor coverage for clients and their competitors to drive campaign strategy.
- Monitor the press/public’s opinions on clients and client’s products and formulate client reporting documents.
- Communicate client strategies, feedback and issues to the wider PR team.
- Contribute to and maintain a centralised contacts database.
Essential Skills & Experience Required:
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience delivering high impact B2B PR & communications.
- Ability to work on multiple client projects simultaneously, whilst maintaining client relations and hitting deadlines.
- A flexible approach to change working hours and adapt to business needs, attending events onsite including evenings and weekends as required.
- A natural ability to build strong relationships with clients through your positive attitude and enthusiasm for achieving results.
- You will have excellent writing and editing skills. Good communication, negotiation and people skills are also vital.
Desirable Skills & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline including marketing, communications or business.
- Experience in the gaming industry would be highly beneficial.
- Passion for gaming and the industry around it.
- Ability to work autonomously, under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Proactive and positive attitude.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise
Send CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Inquiries should only be made via this method. Inquiries made outside of this method will not be moved forward. Recruitment agencies need not apply.