We are seeking a Character & Combat Designer to join our studio and lead the relevant design for an upcoming project in development.
The project is a third person horror game with experimental narrative, a return to the genre that Sam previously explored with Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. Candidates with experience of shipping a third person Unreal title on console are preferred. We’re combining AAA experience with indie agility to deliver a big, ambitious game and are assembling a small team to make it happen.
This is a full-time position based in Brooklyn and is currently scheduled to begin in Summer 2021. We are open to discussing remote or hybrid working formats with the right candidate. Currently, we cannot offer visa sponsorships to non-US citizens.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SKILLS
- Design, implement and balance traversal and combat gameplay alongside programming team
- Management, and implementation of character assets
- Experienced with
- State machines, animation graphs, etc.
- Character physics
- Combat AI design
- Shipped a third person character game on console
- Experienced with Unreal Engine
- Comfort working with a hybrid in-person and remote team
- An appreciation for narrative and psychological horror
- Alignment with our studio’s stated mission and values
Designers from traditionally marginalized identities within the game industry are highly encouraged to apply. Half Mermaid Productions does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.