This job posting has already expired. However you can check our other Remote Art and Animation Jobs.
We’re Ganymede Games, an independent, fully-remote game studio, and we’re looking for a full-time Art Lead to join our team. We're all passionate gamers with a unique mix of industry veterans (ex-Riot Games) and rookies. We're fun, serious about success and driven to create awesome experiences for players.
About our work culture: We're an inclusive team that values diversity. We don't value fancy titles. If you're looking to be the senior lead mother superior principal and art director, we're probably not the studio for you. We value your passion over your experience. We value humility, because players don't care what you did in the past, they want to be entertained and are quick to let you know where you failed. What players want, what would delight, surprise and exceed their expectations inform all our decisions.
As Art Lead, you’ll be responsible for building and managing the art pipeline for Xenotheria, including sprint planning, task tracking, and understanding art team dependencies and following up on cross-discipline impact / requirements. You’ll bring your experience as an artist yourself to guide, provide feedback, and create an environment where artists can do their best work. You’ll also roll up your sleeves when possible to author in-game content such as combat background environments and/or card illustrations.
We’re a lean, indie team of eleven and looking for someone who can solve problems, take ownership, and drive work to completion.
This position is full-time and you can work remotely from anywhere in the world (our current team has members across the USA, Australia, Argentina, Scotland, Greece, Turkey and Georgia). We do have a slight preference for candidates based in Europe.
What’s the mission?
- Set a clear vision, provide consistent feedback, and build trust with your team
- Document and communicate workflow and best practices to support consistency across the team. Where needed, provide visual benchmarks to support the visual targets of new content.
- Sprint planning and tracking tasks of the art team – maintain efficient collaboration between the team members and other dependent teams
- Define and evolve artistic direction, vision and high production standard in the creation of products within the team in direct collaboration with creative, technical and production leaders
- Provide artistic direction to both internal and outsource artists, in line with the creative vision
- Responsible for the creation of style guides and related materials for internal and external teams
- Collaborate with tech art team on artists tool needs
- Working together with the rest of the team to make Xenotheria the best RPG possible!
- Expert knowledge of the video game development process and production pipelines
- Solid understanding of the Unity game engine
- Experience in team leadership and management
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop (since we're making a 2D game it's probably worth having that in there)
- Actively participate to help make improvements to work methods and pipelines
- Highly entrepreneurial mindset, ready to take ownership and solve problems
- An active gamer with a love of role-playing games and card games
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Esoteric Spine animation software
- Experience implementing UI in Unity
- Experience creating art documentation
- Mentor with excellent artistic ability
- Strong 3D workflow knowledge
- Shipped one video game from concept to completion
- Knowledge of current deckbuilder & RPG genre trend (board games, tabletop and video games)
- Send your resume, cover letter, and portfolio (online only) to email@example.com
- We’ll take notice of a well-written cover letter that shows you did your homework on our company and explains why you’re interested in joining our team. We’d love to hear about your favorite games, sci-fi movies/documentaries, and personal hobbies, so tell us about what gets you most passionate!
- If we’re interested in moving forward with your application, we will contact you to continue the process.