Gameye is revolutionising the hosting of multiplayer games through proprietary containerisation and scaling technology. Our mission is to give game studios the power to deploy game sessions closer to the player. Our agnostic approach to game server infrastructure enables server resources to evolve according to player demand and as features & content are released.
We aim to provide the best global support possible as our customers are spread in several different time zones. We are looking for an enthusiastic DevOps Engineer, to help us realize our goals.
Customer experience is at the forefront of everything we do. In this role we will be looking at you to help us build functional systems that improve customer experience, you will be responsible for identifying production issues and implementing integrations that meet our customers' needs. You will also work closely with the development team regarding product releases and code reviews.
Although not a main focus there will be some interaction with our customers when issues do arise.
We are quite a small team so there is likely to be some overlap in some areas to make sure we as a company are providing the best service possible to our customers. We know that it is hard to find someone who fits the description 100%. Even if you do not match all the criteria, we still want to hear from you!
- Proactive customer support will be the most important part of the job. In an ideal world, you’ll fix an issue and let the customer know before they have even realized that something is wrong. We want to offer the best service possible at all times.
- Being on call. A lot can happen during the day and night. Jumping into a difficult technical situation should not be a problem for you.
- Monitoring core systems and hardware to provide the most stable possible experience for our customers. You will let the customer know if there are any issues or alerts and that we try to fix them as soon as possible.
- Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience.
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors.
- Develop scripts to automate visualization where possible.
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Automate and improve development & release processes
- Effective written and verbal communications including the ability to explain technical issues in simple terms that non-IT staff can understand.
- Strong knowledge of Cloud-Based hosting environments. Especially Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience with modern CI/CD Pipelines. Including GitHub Actions and Google Cloud Build.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL database systems.
- Proficient working with Git and Pull Requests etc.
- Self-motivated with good time management.
- Experience working with command-line based operating systems (Ubuntu, Debian etc) as well as container-based systems like Docker.
- Experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar technical support role
- Understanding and experience working with APIs and automation tools.
- Ability to debug hardware, software, and networking based server issues.
- Collaborative team spirit.
- Experience using a ticketing system for support-related issues
Nice to haves:
- Some knowledge of typescript and/or any other programming language
- Experienced coder and willing to learn new languages to automate mundane tasks.
- Understand and experience doing QA. We want to make sure that anything our customers use is thoroughly tested.
- Experience with Google Docs.
- Salary - We pay based on skills and experience. We have salary brackets for the role, but we also want to know what you think you’re worth.
- Stock options - We offer stock options for new hires. You’ll be given a set amount that you can purchase once they vest. There is also the opportunity to earn more.
- We are a fully remote company. We do know that human interaction is important. Therefore we offer 25 dollars (or equivalent) a day for remote working expenses. It means you can work a day in a coffee shop, board game cafe or at a coworking site. The choice is yours!