We are FuzzyBot, a new independent video game studio founded by former AAA devs, focusing on creating co-op games that bring players together across genres and generations.
We are building a stylized co-op game at an intersection of action and social gaming for the HD space (PC, Switch, Xbox and Playstation) by combining the joy of creation found in a life sim with the thrill of replayable action combat found in a roguelite.
We are looking for an experienced Gameplay Engineer with ideally some background in combat AI to join the Gameplay Team. You will partner with members of the engineering, design and animation teams to deliver high quality AI gameplay.
While AI experience is a plus, we are not looking to build low level AI systems from the ground up and will consider strong generalists who works well with design and animation team members.
- Maintain and improve existing Unreal AI systems
- Collaborate with design and animation to develop fun and engaging AI behaviors
- Profile, analyze, and optimize systems on all applicable platforms
- Provide generalist engineering support to develop gameplay features as needed
Essential Skills & Experience:
- C / C++ programming skills
- Professional game development experience (5+ years)
- Passion for learning and creating game AI
- Proficient with linear algebra and general 3D mathematics
- Effective communicator and collaborator with engineers and team members from other disciplines
- Unreal Engine experience
- Experience building character behaviors, navigation, path-following, and combat systems
- Opportunity to help build the company and team from the ground up
- Competitive salary and benefits, and equity incentive
- Stipend for home office & equipment needs
- Flexible remote work environment
- Open PTO Policy
Things to consider:
- Based in Los Angeles, currently working 100% remotely and open to remote hires