We're looking for a Senior Writer for the development of an ambitious unannounced AAA title! Come join a talented team at a Sony PlayStation first-party studio on a journey to create a resonating narrative-driven adventure game.
This huge, highly ambitious partnership project takes atmosphere, storytelling, player agency and narrative firmly into ground-breaking territory on next-generation hardware technologies.
This project has AAA ambitions with a heavy focus on art, animation and delivering unique character performances to raise player presence and immersion to new levels.
The ideal candidate is a connoisseur of storytelling, who understands how to construct a branching narrative. This individual will be responsible for crafting a powerful storyline, strong character arcs, and compelling dialogue.
- Work with a diverse team of Writers (including the Lead Writer) to create compelling characters and a story which delivers the overall narrative of the game.
- Write with a consistent tone of voice across the game.
- Review and edit other Writers’ work in a clear and compassionate way.
- Accept and respond to feedback from other Writers.
- Partner with design to ensure a balanced cohesion of story and gameplay.
- Develop a complete understanding of the overall branching structure of the game and character arcs, ensuring they are maintained
- Work effectively in an interdisciplinary collaboration across art, animation, design, audio and programming to reach project goals.
- Maintain a studio and team culture that supports a quality-focused experience.
- Proven experience in a senior or lead role.
- Shipped at least two narrative-led titles in a writing role.
- Experience working through all phases of the writing process in game development.
- Exceptional knowledge of all storytelling techniques, including branching narrative.
- Understanding of how traditional game development disciplines can enhance and complement narrative.
- Good time-management and communication skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of different narrative systems/delivery mechanisms.
- Skills and experience to quickly turn around feedback.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment.
Writing Samples Required
Please provide two varied pieces of writing that showcase your work with:
- Character development
- Dramatic structure
Ideally this will include game writing, but need not be limited to it. More recent samples are preferred.
- Private Healthcare Plan
- Bonus Scheme
- Enhanced Holiday Allowance
- Pension Plans
- Work remotely within the UK
- Training & Development
- Employee Assistance Programme - Counselling
Firesprite is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We welcome and encourage applications from all suitable applicants regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.