We are looking for a Senior Sound Designer to join us on a dark, story-driven next generation 'Narrative Adventure' with genre defining goals.
This huge, highly ambitious partnership project takes atmosphere, storytelling, player agency and narrative firmly into ground-breaking territory on next-generation hardware technologies with a heavy focus on art, animation, audio and delivering unique character performances to heighten player presence and immersion to new levels.
This is a great opportunity for a driven individual looking for their next challenge, as the team is at an early stage, you will ensure the audio design is a central pillar of the development.
As a Senior Sound Designer, you will closely collaborate with all workstreams and disciplines to craft soundscape to the highest standard. You will be proactive, highly motivated and approachable, and you will create all manner of audio systems and assets to a high standard.
- To uphold and expand upon the execution of the Audio Vision for the project.
- Happy to be responsible for completion of multiple features or one major aspect of a project when required.
- Create original sound effects using synthesis, location & studio recordings as well as utilising in-house and commercial sound libraries.
- Implement interactive audio assets into games using in-house tools and other 3rd party software (Unity, UE4, WWise, FMOD, etc).
- Comfortable creating and mixing audio for linear media (such as cutscenes, trailers, online/broadcast media, etc).
- Thoroughly test all aspects of the audio to ensure functionality and the quality standard is upheld and consistent.
- Demonstrate good communication & coordination between the audio team and other disciplines (art, programming, level design, design & production).
- Identify areas for innovation / problem solving and pro-actively collaborate on creative and technical solutions.
- Mentor, Encourage and set high standards for junior members of the team to follow.
- When required, work and collaborate with external audio vendors.
- More than 4 years as a Sound Designer with more than 1 title shipped.
- Proficient in DAW workstations (Reaper, Pro Tools, Cubase/Nuendo, etc).
- Experience using third party middleware, especially WWise & UE4.
- Console experience and an understanding of their limitations and advantages.
- Experience with task management software (Jira, Hansoft, etc)
- Experience with version control software (Perforce, SVN, etc)
- Proactive, self-sufficient, collaborative approach to work.
- Private Healthcare Plan
- Bonus Scheme
- Enhanced Holiday Allowance
- Pension Plans
- Work remotely within the UK
- Training & Development
- Employee Assistance Programme - Counselling
Firesprite is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We welcome and encourage applications from all suitable applicants regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.