Multiple Locations: Marina Del Rey, CA 90292, USA • Redwood City, CA, USA • Vancouver, BC, Canada • Austin, TX, USA • Seattle, WA, USA
Remote Work Option:Yes
Electronic Arts is the leading interactive entertainment company, powered by innovative technology. We create incredible experiences for millions of players around the world. But what matters most is our people who inspire us, and the world, to play. As we bring new forms of entertainment to people around the world, we need creative, collaborative, diverse and adaptable people to keep making Electronic Arts better.
Ripple Effect, an evolution of Battlefield's DICE LA, is a Los Angeles and Vancouver-based game studio on a mission to build community-first experiences through innovation and boundary breaking technology.
Our Values: We believe in an honest and transparent environment, where developers grow in our crafts. We value bold risk-taking followed by excellence through iteration. We are looking for developers with diverse experiences who will enrich our studio creativity.
We are looking for a Level Designer like you to join us in our mission to create amazing games and experiences, and to elevate ourselves and our craft. This role will report to our Studio Design Line Director. We are considering on-site and hybrid working options, and welcome full-time remote candidates who are within the US or Canada to apply.
- Work with senior level designers to develop and refine levels, locations and map objectives
- Bring your designs through every phase of development from concept to polish
- Work with your lead and teammates to set priorities and goals for your work
- Champion established game rules and ideas within your work, ensuring it makes for the best possible gameplay experience
- Keeping the player in mind, use feedback, playtesting, and telemetry to refine your designs
- Support your teammates through knowledge-sharing and documentation
- Participate constructively and respectfully in the critique of your work, and the work of others
- Look for opportunities to learn new skills to benefit your growth, your team, and the studio
- At least 1 year of experience designing levels for multiplayer or co-op titles
- Level editor experience (for engines such as Frostbite, Source or Unreal)
- Strong documentation and visualization skills
- Enjoy creative problem-solving, and value respectful feedback processes
- Broad taste in games
Valuable Additional Skills
- FPS experience
- Technical background with experience in programming or visual scripting
- Experiences with software such as Maya, Sketchup or ZBrush
- Degree or experience in art, architecture, interior design or industrial design
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that appreciates creativity and individuality.
As part of the application process, we may ask you to complete a practical work exercise. Apply online with a resume and portfolio.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $75,650 - $114,150
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $70,550 - $114,150
• Jersey City, NJ :
º $70,550 - $114,150
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $70,550 - $103,150
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $70,550 - $103,150
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.