Dream Harvest is an award-winning start-up game studio building AA experiences that challenge the status quo when it comes to genres.
With a focus on building online, live games for PC and Consoles with a narrative and community-driven focus; we aim to create AAA like experiences but with the small team creativity and agility found in indie studios.
We're currently looking to bring on board an experienced Lead Gameplay Programmer to help on our in-development post-cyberpunk strategy game, NeuroSlicers.
This role is offered on a Remote or on-site basis at our Brighton office.
A successful applicant will take responsibility for hiring, leading and mentoring other gameplay programmers. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the ongoing technical effort which will drive all Dream Harvest games moving forward. You would work with designers and artists to create high-quality gameplay features, including contributing to the design and iteration of those features. Take ownership of new and existing features, and see those features through production to release. Create high-quality, maintainable code using up-to-date C# practices.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 5+ Years of AA/AAA games experience
- Proven leadership ability
- Strong C# programming skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in designing and implementing large systems
- Passionate about providing users with software that is effective and enjoyable to use
- Experience in developing on Windows with Visual Studio or JetBrains Rider.
- Experience developing gameplay systems for strategy games or similar
- Broad gaming experience and a sense of good game design
- A keen player of strategy games and games in general
- Experience working in an agile environment
- GIT and other source control experience
- A passion for one or more of the following: AI, Graphics, Tools, Audio Programming
WORKING AT DREAM HARVEST
At Dream Harvest, we're a small team building big, genre-defining experiences. We pride ourselves on the multi-disciplined nature of our team and it's important for us that every member of the team has a voice in the direction we take our games and studio. Working at Dream Harvest, your work will have a serious impact and will be integral to the success of our games. You'll get the chance to work closely with all the other disciplines at the studio and really put your stamp on everything we work on.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A great team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers
- Flexible working hours and laid-back atmosphere
- Happy Hour in the studio each Friday
- 25 days holiday plus Christmas shutdown and public holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Well stocked office kitchen and free Wednesday studio lunch
- Board Gaming Nights
- Skill Sharing Days / Events and more.
WHAT YOU'LL BE WORKING ON:
) is a highly tactical cyberpunk RTS that turns the genre on its head by focusing on fast, macro and total information gameplay, short 8-12 min matches, epic global objectives and a dark cyberpunk narrative campaign that carefully combines Solo, Co-Op and competitive PVP into a seamless whole.
If you have any questions about this or any of our other roles feel free to speak to the team directly on our Discord at https://discord.gg/T7fRDe8