Disruptive Games is a veteran development studio specializing in multiplayer and online experiences. We are an independently owned studio working on a AAA, fully-funded title with original IP!
We’re expanding our fully-remote team with people who share our passion for collaborative, multiplayer gameplay.
As a Game Designer at Disruptive Games, you'll champion a specific set of game systems and mechanics. You will pitch designs to the team, implement your ideas in-game, collaborate with other departments to realize your feature, tune them, and get them ready to ship.
What You'll Do
- Design, script, prototype, iterate, validate, and improve game features while keeping them aligned with the overall vision for the game
- Present your designs and implement feedback provided by your lead
- Use Unreal Blueprint and other available tools to implement, tune, and debug your designs
- Adapt to technical and production constraints, reworking your design when and as often as needed
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate your features and ensure all needed resources are accounted for in the production schedule
- Regularly play the game, providing constructive feedback to other members of the team
What You'll Bring
- 2+ years of professional video game industry experience
- Completed at least one full product cycle on a recognizable game title
- At least one shipped title using Unreal Blueprints or similar scripting tools
- Strong knowledge of game design, design theory, and existing game mechanics
- Strong problem solving, as well as problem identification skills
- Self-motivated and eager to contribute in many different areas of development
- Ability to learn new tools and workflows
- Ability to work autonomously and push features to completion while meeting deadlines
- Strong communication skills, especially in a remote work environment
- Avid Gamer, with a wealth of knowledge across a wide range of games and a passion for multiplayer games
- Computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related degree
Disruptive Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, interview, and hire people of all backgrounds, orientations, identities, and expressions.
NOTE: This listing is part of Remote Game Jobs commitment and on going efforts to help game talents find new home during these unfortunate times of mass layoffs. If you know of any affected individuals that might benefit from it, please consider sharing it with them. You can also check the studio's Company Website from the Company Info box to see if they have more openings.