Senior/Lead UI Programmer
This UI Programmer role will involve architecting and managing the implementation and maintenance of all the UI code including all menus and the in-game HUD. They will be responsible for keeping the UI code/BP’s quality and performance high and setting coding standards for the UI code team to follow.
They will also be involved in communicating the needs of the UI team to the Tools and Engine team.
Strong communication skills will be paramount to interact effectively with a wide group of discipline experts and the other leads on the project/
The game is being developed in Unreal 4 using UMG, by a small UI team so this role would be hands on and therefore a lot of experience in UMG and UE4 would be of great benefit.
This position is Remote or Hybrid (South East UK, relocation assistance available) and reports to the Lead Gameplay Programmer.
What are we looking for?
· 5+ years programming experience in the gaming industry, or equivalent experience
· Strong familiarity with Unreal 4 toolchains, especially UMG
· Strong practical experience of C++
· Loves working in small, cross-disciplined feature teams.
· Passionate about mentoring technical talent.
· Great verbal and written communication skills in English.