This job posting has already expired. However you can check our other Remote Design Jobs.
As a Generalist Game Designer at Cold Symmetry you'll play a pivotal role in shaping the core gameplay mechanics and systems of our upcoming project. We're looking for an individual with a strong background in encounter design, technical design, systems design, and combat design. Experience with Unreal Engine, Unreal Blueprints, and a genuine passion for challenging games, particularly Souls-like and Roguelike genres, are essential.
- Encounter Design
- Design challenging and engaging encounters that keep players on their toes.
- Implement environmental storytelling elements within levels to enhance the overall player experience.
- Technical Design:
- Utilize Unreal Engine and blueprints to implement and fine-tune gameplay mechanics.
- Work closely with programmers to optimize game systems for performance and responsiveness.
- Systems Design:
- Design and implement player progression, itemization, and customization systems that enhance the overall gameplay experience.
- Collaborate with the team to ensure a cohesive and immersive world that aligns with the project's vision.
- Combat Design
- Develop, iterate, and balance combat mechanics that deliver an intense and satisfying experience reminiscent of Souls-like games.
- Collaborate closely with animators and artists to ensure seamless integration of combat animations and effects.
Your XP and Skills:
- Proven experience in game design
- Proficiency in Unreal Engine and experience with Unreal Blueprints.
- Strong 3D game design experience, with a portfolio showcasing relevant work.
- Passion for and experience with challenging games, particularly Souls-like and Roguelike genres.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, as you'll be working closely with a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to work autonomously, without micromanagement but still deliver on goals
- Previous experience taking a game from concept through to launch and being able to contribute to the core of the early design loop
- Self motivated and able work independently as part of a fully distributed and, at times, a-sync team to meet deadlines and milestone requirements
- Familiarity with procedural content generation and level design.
- Scripting or programming experience.
- Knowledge of other game development disciplines such as narrative design or level design.
**Please include work samples with your application, applications submitted without work examples will not be considered**