This job posting has already expired. However you can check our other Remote Programming Jobs.
Game Developer – Unity / GameMaker Studio
Butterware Studios is a new game development studio working on an exciting retro action game project, and we are looking for a creative and experienced developer from Canada to generate an alpha-stage demo for pitching and conceptualization purposes.
As a contracted game developer, you will write, tweak, bugfix, and deliver an alpha-level gameplay demo as part of the conceptualization phase of a 2021 CMF granted game development project. Features constituting a minimum viable product will be shared with selected applicants. The timeline of Phase 1 is not expected to exceed 2 months, however the successful applicant will very likely be retained for the next phases.
- Design and development of a gameplay demo for a “Punch-Out” style action game, with required feature deliverables to be discussed.
- Edits and changes to finished product to be performed as part of the contract.
- Working with concept and pixel artists to align all parts of the finished product.
- Production of professional quality and well-annotated code.
- Weekly progress reports / steering meetings.
- Experience developing in Unity, GameMaker Studio.
- Track record of completed game development projects.
- Strong technical base and good coding practices.
- Collaborative, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to meet strict milestone deadlines and provide weekly progress reports.
Please send your resume, a list of references, and a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. *Canadian applicants only at this time. Thank you.