Would you like to work at a company that values your work-life balance and is invested in creating an inclusive workplace for every employee?
Does the idea of building data pipelines and platforms excite you? Do you enjoy helping various teams solve their data needs quickly, safely, and with gusto? Do you thrive on the idea of writing highly optimized SQL queries against billions of records?
If any of the above is true, have we got an internship for you. Come join the Data Platforms team here at Bungie!
We are a small team that keeps data flowing here at Bungie, where every team is a customer of ours and they are all amazing. We are looking for a Data Engineering Intern that focuses on MSSQL Development specifically geared around highly optimized architecture and routines.
This position is available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA.
- Develop database objects according to design specifications.
- Assist with the design of database objects and schemas
- Identify and create indexes/statistics on existing tables
- Develop and implement basic tooling for optimization maintenance on high performance databases.
- Solid understanding of the TSQL database language (e.g. SQL)
- Basic understanding of OLTP database architecture
- Basic understanding of MSSQL Server configuration and Windows server environments
- Ability to communicate with customers of different technical and non-technical backgrounds across varied technologies
- Basic understanding of Active Directory
- Basic understanding of networking/routing/DNS
- Experience with TFS/Jira and Confluence or similar technologies
- Basic understanding of Windows Clustering
In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.