We’re seeking a Level Designer to help build and maintain 2D worlds for multi-user online spaces and events in Bramble
. Our platform enables better online social experiences by combining game development and video conferencing technology.
Along with other level designers, you’ll report to the Experience Designer and help execute the level design vision while working with our talented artists and engineers. 2D game design experience is a plus, and we are seeking designers who want to apply those skills in the context of social online worlds.
We’re looking for candidates who are some of the following:
- An experienced level designer: You’ve shipped at least one product as a level designer, or otherwise have prior level design experience.
- A problem solver: You have good knowledge of level design concepts and are able to create digital social spaces that are aesthetically compelling. You’re able to identify the needs of a space and design for a target audience.
- Technical and detail-oriented: You have experience with 2D level editing tools (Tiled Editor or similar is a plus). You’re highly organized and are comfortable with version control (Git), editing JSON files, and managing level design and art assets.
- An excellent communicator: You’re able to communicate across creative and technical disciplines. You’re able to help define and improve the pipeline and process for assets and features, and to update or write new specifications documents for our worlds or our processes.
- A dependable collaborator: Iterating on designs based on feedback is natural to your workflow. You’re able to work independently to produce high quality work within timeframes.
If you don’t fulfill all of the above, please still get in touch as we’d love to hear from you and look at any portfolio pieces you show us!
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary & meaningful equity
- Medical reimbursement program
- Generous PTO policy
- Remote work
- Flexible hours
We’re open to freelance contracts as well, just let us know in the application if that’s what you prefer.
Working at Bramble:
Bramble is committed to creating an inclusive place for talented people to do their best work. We’d love to grow our supportive and diverse team, and there’s potential for growth and leadership.
Bramble is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications will be considered without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, or any other legally protected basis.