Are you passionate for video games and positive media?
We at Bible X are developing a one-of-a-kind open world adventure game set in the fascinating time of Jesus’ life. The game, based in Jerusalem, will be an immersive and innovative way to discover and learn about the Bible’s history and its revolutionary message. We are looking for a talented and passionate Game Designer to be a part of our creative, animated and driven team.
As a Game Designer, you will work as part of the creative team responsible for crafting experiences for our new video game. Your work will focus on the improvement of the gameplay experience and you will be designing features and gameplay mechanics for a unique cross-platform couch co-op experience.
Deadline: Applications are processed by July 1
Form of employment: Project employment / Permanent employment
Location: Remote work from where you are / At our office in Moss, Norway
Start date: As soon as possible
- Design and deliver game systems and mechanics.
- Implement and tune systems, game designs, and experiences.
- Work effectively with the director and other team members to detail the specifics of gameplay systems and to ensure successful feature execution.
- Be able to maintain high level documentation related to systems and features.
- Utilize team feedback, data analysis, and user research feedback into clear actionable items to improve features and design processes.
- Be able to quickly revise implementation based on changes required in order to continue iterating on the design concept.
- Provide input into defining creative vision and technical specifications.
- 2+ years Game Design experience.
- Deep knowledge of game systems and mechanics.
- Basic understanding of player psychology and gaming motivations.
- Ability to describe and break down gameplay components.
- Creativity and strong sense of pacing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Experience shipping one quality game title.
- Cooperative game design experience.
- Knowledge of game design theory, tools, pipelines.
- Experience in Unreal Engine 4 or 5 and Blueprint.
- Experience modding and/or game testing.
- General knowledge of the gaming industry and trends.
- Proactive work ethic, creative problem-solver who is not afraid of big challenges.
- Attention to detail and an ability to multitask.
- Adept at working with multiple proprietary and technical systems/tools.
- Love of games: Specifically, open world and RPG titles as well as cooperative games.
- Passionate in bringing the messages of the Bible out in video game form.
What we offer
- Creative and inspiring work environment
- Varied, challenging and exciting work tasks
- Influence in decision-making
- Good opportunities for growth and development
- Competitive employment conditions
Required application materials:
- Cover Letter explaining why you are interested in working for Bible X
As part of the recruitment process, you may be asked to perform a test.
Contact person: Arve Solli | Job title: Producer
Office address: 1599 Moss, Norway