Beamdog, the company behind the Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape: Torment, and Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Editions, is looking for an experienced graphics programmer to help develop new titles and bring classics to modern platforms. As a graphics programmer at Beamdog you’ll work closely with art and technical leads to build new rendering features that bring our concepts to life.
Beamdog will consider remote work roles for this position, or offer relocation assistance for any eligible candidates.
- Work closely with artists and developers to prototype new visual techniques
- Update and improve existing rendering systems for the next generation of consoles
- Work with legacy projects to bring them into the modern era
- Optimize CPU/GPU performance and memory usage in the rendering pipeline
- Effectively communicate progress, problems, and solutions to project leadership
- Generate relevant documentation and guides for developers, designers, or artists
- 5+ years of professional experience working on rendering systems
- Experience developing games for console
- Able to plan and estimate own tasks with confidence
- Highly competent in modern C++ with a good knowledge of data structures, patterns, and algorithms
- Equally comfortable in greenfield and legacy codebases
- Fluent in a modern graphics API for console
- Excellent knowledge of modern GPU architecture rendering techniques
- Good technical communication skills
- Passion for quality and high level of polish
- Demonstrated ability to debug complex rendering defects
Beamdog is a fantastic place to work with a friendly and creative atmosphere. Located in Edmonton, Alberta, we're a hardworking team of passionate game developers who love the games we work on. Since 2009, we’ve brought enhanced versions of classic Dungeons & Dragons games and exciting original content to fans new and old. We’re best known for bringing beloved isometric roleplaying games like Baldur’s Gate™ and Planescape: Torment™ back to life on desktop and tablets as Enhanced Editions. We love rich stories where players can chose their own journey and the communities that spring up around them. If you’re excited about storytelling games, Dungeons & Dragons, and classic RPGs, stick around! You haven’t seen anything yet!
We offer the following perks:
- Vision, dental, and health benefits, plus extended healthcare coverage
- RRSP matching program
- Generous time off for vacation, sick days, and personal days
- Transit passes & heated underground parking
- Fully-paid gym memberships
- Lunch and Learns
- Flexible working hours
- Casual dress code
Diversity is fundamentally about valuing human differences and recognizing that a diverse group of people bring with them a diverse set of skills which is necessary to propel our company forward. Beamdog is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.