This job posting has already expired. However you can check our other Remote Design Jobs.
At Astra Logical we're looking for an out-of-this-world Game Designer to join our team.
About the job
Astra Logical is a game publisher specializing in thinky games, or games that value thinking over execution. We are seeking a Game Designer to join our growing team. In this pivotal role, the Game Designer will play a crucial part in shaping our game incubation structures and forging connections with Astra’s extensive network of design resources.
This is a highly collaborative role reporting directly to the Managing Director. We are searching for an individual who excels in communication and collaboration, capable of engaging with teams across various experience levels and subgenres. Our games prioritize creative problem-solving and mastery through discovery, all while staying approachable to players of all types, so a designer with experience in these areas will feel right at home with Astra's portfolio.
We are looking for someone who’s comfortable with ongoing context shifting, thinking outside of the box, and being action-oriented in an ambiguous startup environment. This is a role with room to grow.
- Assist in portfolio selection process by evaluating game builds, design documents, and other relevant materials
- Analyze risk within a game team’s design plans; identify and connect with potential partners and collaborators within Astra’s pool of design collaborators
- Define clear design objectives for teams, aid in development of project roadmaps, and provide constructive feedback for milestone builds
- Work in tandem with design consultants at Astra to develop an “agency model” that efficiently pairs designers with projects in Astra’s portfolio
- 3-8 years experience in related work with a game studio or publisher
- Demonstrated ability in guiding teams through the game development process, from concept to completion
- Rockstar communicator with a proven track record of successful collaboration in team environments
- Previous work on games in the puzzle, programming, automation, resource management, and/or tactics space
- Strong organizational skills, with an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Previous experience in 3P design consultation, whether independently or at a publisher
- Proficient in working with design concepts at various stages, from high-level ideas to detailed implementation strategies
- Knowledgeable about designing thoughtful and approachable onboarding experiences for players
- Adept in adapting to and thriving in a dynamic, startup environment
- Fully remote team with light annual travel
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Apply for the job
Do you want to join our team as our new Game Designer? Then we'd love to hear about you!