Stories have been told since the dawn of mankind. They were shared through images, songs, plays, books and movies. Most of the time, the audience was passive. At Articy, we believe that the future of stories is interactive. That’s why our mission is to shape the way that interactive narrative experiences – be it games, e-learning scenarios or interactive video formats – are created.
We are looking for a Product Designer to help turn our vision into reality. You’ll take part in the product design process, from first idea and prototyping of features to detailed interactions and polished visuals. You will be joining a small, passionate team that cares deeply about a collaborative environment and innovative design.
Let’s change the games industry together!
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and break them down into design propositions
- Design entire features by creating concepts, workflows, prototypes as well as high-fidelity UI mockups and design documents that effectively communicate interaction and design intent.
- Conduct user research and usability tests
- Analyze existing solutions and apply learnings to current workflows and new designs
- Collaborate closely with the product owner, developers and the rest of the design team
- You have hands-on work experience in designing digital products for a worldwide audience
- You are able to think through complex systems and complex use cases.
- You have a basic understanding of game development processes and interactive storytelling
- You are confident using design tools such as Figma
- You love teamwork and thrive in collaborative environments
- You are able to champion the user’s needs in discussions with stakeholders and other departments
- You are in an European-friendly timezone or able to schedule your working time to include 9:00 to 16:00 GMT+1 (the rest of the hours are flexible)
- You can communicate clearly and effectively in English
Considered a Plus:
- You have created or significantly contributed to the design of one or more published digital projects from beginning to end.
- You have created or significantly contributed to an interactive story (games, e-learning scenarios, visual novels etc)
- You like and play computer games
- Open communication, you will have a voice in our team
- Friendly working atmosphere in a talented team
- Flexible working hours without the crunch-time madness
- Possibility to participate in industry events
- 29 vacation days per year + public holidays of NRW, Germany (Company HQ)
- Employer-funded pension (for employees based in Germany)
Please send your complete application including CV, Cover Letter and salary expectation in English at email@example.com