This job posting has already expired. However you can check our other Remote Design Jobs.
Arctic Theory is looking for a Game Designer to join its Game team.
As a Game Designer, you will have the opportunity to join us in the early stages of development. In this cross-functional role, you will work closely with the development and art teams to create meaningful and engaging experiences in a multiplayer virtual world.
- Work closely with the Creative Director to translate the vision into actionable designs
- Develop player experience ideas such as content, gameplay and progression systems
- Act as a core member of the feature team and ensure the player experience is aligned with the overall game vision
- Evolve design decisions based on regular playtesting and audience feedback
- Write and maintain design documentation on features, mechanics, systems and more
- Experience working in game design or similar
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Passion for virtual worlds and collaborative experiences
- Knowledge and understanding of video game trends, competition and playerbase
- A positive, collaborative, team-centric mentality
What we offer:
- A work environment that promotes growth, creativity and innovation
- Flexible work hours
- Great office space in Hafnarfjörður, Iceland, and the opportunity to work remotely
- Lunch on-site three times a week on top of free drinks, snacks and coffee/tea
- Regular staff hangouts (fx. barbeques, gaming sessions, movie nights)
About Arctic Theory:
Arctic Theory was founded in the summer of 2020 by game industry veterans with decades of experience working on some of the most ambitious, acclaimed multiplayer games. Our mission is to push the boundaries of multiplayer gaming, with a vision centered around collaboration, creativity and community. Taking aspects from traditional MMOs and social networking, our team aims to deliver a new, evolved experience in the multiplayer genre.