ABOUT US: Archiact Interactive is a Virtual Reality (VR) Game Studio that develops new and unique ways for people to play games and interact with each other. We partner with IP holders, large publishers, and tech brands to create and deliver immersive, high-end game experiences across multiple platforms with a special focus on building new tools for cutting edge emerging technology. We are a hybrid studio with employees all across Canada, reporting into our headquarters in Vancouver, BC. We have a new studio incorporated in Toronto, Ontario. Our Ontario studio is 100% remote at this time, with plans to open a new office in the future.
OUR GAMES: We have published over 30 VR tiles since 2013 on every major platform and in every major global market. Recent titles include DOOM 3: VR Edition (on PSVR), FREEDIVER: Triton Down (on PC, PSVR and Oculus Quest), and MARVEL: Dimension of Heroes (a smartphone-powered Superhero experience built for Lenovo Mirage AR). We are currently in the early stages of several new and highly innovative projects with prominent industry partners and are searching for the best and the brightest to help us transform the world of VR game development.
OUR VALUES: Archiact’s core values are focused on innovation, diversity & inclusion, kindness & respect, creative integrity, open communication, and the strong belief that VR game experiences offer unique opportunities for human connection, discovery, well-being, and joy. At Archiact, equity, diversity, and inclusivity are developed and directed by our employees, allowing us to build innovative and immersive experiences that are accessible and meaningful to a wider audience. We seek to build a diverse team, and to nurture a safe, inclusive work environment where everyone can thrive.
ROLE OVERVIEW: We are looking for a UI Concept Artist to supplement our in-house concept team on an incredibly exciting new project. You will be joining a small team of AAA vets who believe that VR’s time is now and want to make the next big VR game event. This role is for creative collaborators who enjoy ownership (along with the responsibility that goes with it) and want to make a lasting contribution to VR. We are a Vancouver-based studio but are happy to consider candidates from all over Canada to work remotely. This is a full-time, 6 months fixed-term contract.
ABOUT YOU: You are comfortable working in a close-knit and collaborative team with a wide range of skill sets and personalities. You enjoy the creative problem-solving process required to bring original concepts and high-profile IPs to life in an immersive experience. You thrive in teams and are open to bringing new ideas to the table to assist in raising the quality bar of the end product.
Working closely with the Art Director, Principal Concept Artist, and Lead User Experience Design, you will be involved in creating a fantastic far-future, sci-fi universe. This position is focused heavily on User Interface in 3D, Diegetic UI, Graphic Design, and Colour Theory.
- Ability to concept UI ideas from team in easy-to-explain concept Art
- Passion for Sci-fi games, films and other media
- Familiarity with VR games
- Good understanding of UI in 3D games
- Familiarity with modern 3D game mechanics
- Portfolio demonstrating diegetic UI in games
- Strong graphic design sense
- Strong color theory
- Excellent ability to communicate ideas & design decisions
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic
- A team-player attitude with the ability to collaborate effectively with various stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience working with VR/AR immersive media
- Experience working in 3D modeling software such as Blender or Maya
- Interest in Free To Play minigames and VR environment
BENEFITS & PERKS - WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?:
- A competitive base salary.
- Comprehensive extended health and wellness benefits including employee assistance program (in effect from first day of employment, premiums paid in full by the employer).
- Annual Health & Wellness allowance.
- 3 weeks paid parental leave (top-up on EI).
- 4% vacation pay.
- Paid sick days.
- Paid studio closure for the Winter Holidays.
- We offer the choice of fully remote, in-studio, or a hybrid work arrangement for Vancouver employees. Team members in other provinces are welcomed on a remote working basis.
- An opportunity to work on a high-profile IP.
- The chance to be part of an experienced, high-achieving and fun team.
- An inclusive and diverse team and atmosphere.
- The opportunity to help pave the way for the future of VR gaming.