ABOUT US: Archiact Interactive is a Vancouver-based Virtual Reality (VR) Game Studio that develops new and unique ways for people to play games and interact with each other. We partner with IP holders, large publishers, and tech brands to create and deliver immersive, high-end game experiences across multiple platforms with a special focus on building new tools for cutting-edge emerging technology. We are a hybrid studio with employees all across Canada, reporting to our headquarters in Vancouver, BC. We have a new studio incorporated in Toronto, Ontario. Our Ontario studio is 100% remote at this time, with plans to open a new office in the future.
OUR GAMES: We have published over 30 VR tiles since 2013 on every major platform and in every major global market. Recent titles include DOOM 3: VR Edition (on PSVR), FREEDIVER: Triton Down (on PC, PSVR and Oculus Quest), and MARVEL: Dimension of Heroes (a smartphone-powered Superhero experience built for Lenovo Mirage AR). We are currently in the early stages of several new and highly innovative projects with prominent industry partners and are searching for the best and the brightest to help us transform the world of VR game development.
OUR VALUES: Archiact’s core values are focused on innovation, diversity & inclusion, kindness & respect, creative integrity, open communication, and the strong belief that VR game experiences offer unique opportunities for human connection, discovery, well-being, and joy. At Archiact, equity, diversity, and inclusivity is developed and directed by our employees, allowing us to build innovative and immersive experiences that are accessible and meaningful to a wider audience. We seek to build a diverse team and to nurture a safe, inclusive work environment where everyone can thrive.
ROLE OVERVIEW: We are looking for a QA Specialist who enjoys working on an agile and fast-paced team that is bringing high-quality VR projects to life.
This is a full-time, 1 year fixed-term contract.
ABOUT YOU: You are comfortable working in a close-knit and collaborative team with a wide range of skill sets and personalities. You enjoy the creative problem-solving process required to bring original concepts and high-profile IPs to life in an immersive experience. You thrive in teams and are open to taking on new challenges to assist in raising the quality bar of the end product.
- Work with the Jira database, bug reports, testing for development milestones, and product submissions.
- Actively test the game, report, and regress bugs.
- Work with partner companies to co-operate and avoid overlap.
- Produce relevant documentation for workflows or tools when necessary.
- Work with the development team leads to ensure the maintenance of effective communication regarding build health and bug reporting.
- Own and recommend improvements to our QA processes.
- 1+ year of work experience in a QA role for games with an emphasis on multiple platforms.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- A team-player attitude with the ability to collaborate effectively with various stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience working with VR hardware.
- Experience with Jira database bug tracking and Agile development.
BENEFITS & PERKS - WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- A competitive base salary.
- Comprehensive extended health and wellness benefits including an employee assistance program (in effect from the first day of employment, premiums paid in full by employer).
- Annual Health & Wellness allowance.
- 3 weeks paid parental leave (top-up on EI).
- Paid studio closure for the Winter Holidays.
- An opportunity to work on a high-profile IP.
- The chance to be part of an experienced, high-achieving, and fun team.
- An inclusive and diverse team and atmosphere.
- The opportunity to help pave the way for the future of VR gaming.