This position can be worked from any of our US office locations or 100% remotely within the US.
Amazon Game Growth is unlocking the power of Amazon to help gamers find and play games they love. As we accelerate our growth, we must create an environment that rewards our good customers while disallowing bad actors. This role improves our existing fraud prevention systems, adds new services to accommodate new business use cases, and abstract the systems to serve Game Growth, Prime Gaming, and Amazon Prime.
Key job responsibilities
We are looking for a top-notch engineer to lead a team that solves deep technical problems, builds innovative solutions, and works with top-notch software developers on our growing fraud prevention platform. You are able to look at the big picture from both the business, technology, and bad actor/hacker perspective, possess strong analytical judgement and problem-solving skills, and enjoy working with data and algorithms. You are not afraid of ambiguity or thinking outside the box, and get excited about difficult challenges. You are a strong team player and motivated self-starter who thrives in a startup-like environment where flexibility is essential.
A minimum of 10% travel as needed for staff on-site/offsite activities.
About the team
The Game Growth Fraud Prevention team is responsible for preventing, detecting, and mitigating fraud and abuse that bad actors incur on the business. Bad actors change tactics
often; our job is to stop them by building robust, data-driven solutions that scale. We invent new techniques and leverage industry standards (credit card authorization, address verification, machine learning, etc.) to combat payments fraud, account takeover, and novel fraud vectors. Our team is also responsible for ensuring that legitimate customers are not negatively impacted and that we provide a fast and seamless experience.
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of industry experience.
- Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services.
- Experience building high-availability complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development lifecycle (coding standards, testing/debugging, code reviews, source control management, build processes, operations)
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through launch
The base pay range for this position is $134,000.00 - $193,000.00 per year. Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.