This position can be worked from any of our US office locations or 100% remotely within the US.
Do you consistently find ways to integrate play into your daily way of life? How about turning your chores into puzzles or using game theory on your pets? Are you up to the challenge of making Amazon more playful for millions of customers around the world? If you live for games, whether they are digital, tabletop, or puzzle-based, then our group of game explorers might be for you. We are seeking a talented, versatile Frontend Engineer to join our brand-new organization in creating new playful experiences that captivate Amazon’s customers.
In this role, you will collaborate on ideation and execution on what great games and game-inspired experiences will be best for all kinds of Amazon customers. You will partner with UX design, research, and product management to find the fun and create the right balance of game design to delight customers in traditionally non-gaming contexts.
You will be joining a talented and highly collaborative team supported by a full complement of disciplines (UX, game design, engineering, and product management). We share an enthusiasm for teamwork, collaboration, and creating delightful experiences for customers.
Key job responsibilities
- Partner with product, game design and other disciplines across Amazon to create playful experiences.
- Rapidly prototype new features that delight Amazon customers on existing products.
- Design and implement scalable systems for features that graduate from prototypes to products.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in Front-end web technologies and trends
- 3+ years of experience with cross browser compatibility, client side security, browser tuning and optimization techniques/tools
- 3+ years of experience in multi-tier large scale web architecture
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures
- Experience raising your tech stack's operational excellence bar by leveraging AWS tech
- Help drive the architecture and technology choices that enable a truly innovative user experience.
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems
- Experience supporting large-scale high-availability systems in a production environment
- Ability to work on a diverse team
- Experience creating playful customer experiences from the concept stage to shipping
- Experience in prototyping quickly and iterating to customer feedback
- Experience communicating with customers, technical teams, and product management to refine features, describe products, and technical designs
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.