Are you passionate about video games and want to make a big impact in the game industry? If so, Amazon Games is a rapidly growing and incredibly innovative organization and we are looking for a Software Development Manager who is as excited about games as we are. In this role, you will own a new project for either Frontend or Backend systems, where innovation and latest technologies will merge to build the next generation of systems to support our Games.
Key job responsibilities
- Lead and manage a team of Software Engineers fostering career growth and strong team culture
- Define product roadmap and technical strategy in collaboration with Product Managers, Designers and Engineering teams.
- Contribute to long-term vision and technical strategies for the business
- Obsess over protecting customer information, maintaining system performance and availability, and simplifying enterprise scale complexity.
- Regularly dive into architecture, code, test plans, project plans, deployments, and operations to drive excellence on your team and all projects that your team participates in
- Own operational excellence for your systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 7+ years’ experience developing software
- 3+ years' experience managing software development teams
- Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
- Experience with large scale distributed systems
- Experience building and operating highly available services
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 5+ years of software development experience as a manager
- Game Development experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- A deep understanding of the software development lifecycle and a track record of shipping software on time
- Experience with the SCRUM methodology for agile software development preferred
- A passion for people management and mentorship
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.