Do you love playing games? Are you passionate about making a big impact in the Games industry? If so, we are looking for you! Amazon Games is looking for a Software Developer Engineer to join a new and energetic team focused on building the central systems for our games. In this role, you will deliver key SDKs needed to build new, exciting games.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work closely with game teams and Twitch to build SDKs using C++.
- Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technologies and evaluate technical feasibility
- Focus on operational excellence, constructively identify problems and propose solutions
- Write clean, maintainable code and perform peer code-reviews
About Amazon Games
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- C++ industry programming experience with C++
- Object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- Experience with full-native mobile app development with Java/Objective-C/Swift
- Experience building developer facing products and services
- Experience building frameworks and SDKs for creating features on applications on various platforms
- Ability to decompose a problem into clear software actions
- Good communication skills; fast learner with ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment
- Problem-solving and data analytical skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.