Regular Full Time
Remote Work From Home
Who We Are
AdHoc Studio is a diverse team of developers driven by a pursuit of excellence in storytelling. We draw inspiration from all forms of media and pride ourselves on our distinctive approach to interactive narrative in games. Our goal is to create resonant experiences that put the player in charge of the story, giving them agency where most games take it away. Our company’s DNA is made up of former employees of Telltale Games, Night School Studio, and Ubisoft. At the end of 2019, we announced that we’re co-developing the sequel to The Wolf Among Us with Telltale Games.
What We Need
We’re seeking a talented Gameplay Programmer who is eager to deliver creative gameplay systems and features that will push the boundaries of traditional interactive narrative games. The ideal candidate is comfortable and capable in a highly collaborative and iterative environment. They should be able to work with a mixture of the Unreal Engine and proprietary tools to help bring studio projects to fruition.
- Design, implement, and maintain systems and tools to support gameplay (animation, AI, camera, core tech, etc.)
- Work with the Lead Programmer to execute on the design and gameplay vision.
- Collaborate with designers and creative leads on implementing game features.
- Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code.
- Test and document code produced.
- Solve problems through the application of sound engineering practice.
- Continuously work to minimize technical debt and maintenance hazards.
- Proficient in linear algebra, matrix and vector math used in games.
- Proficient in modern C++
- Generalist knowledge in game design and gameplay aspects.
- Write clear, concise and accurate documentation.
- Self-motivated, capable of working in a remote environment.
- Positive attitude with the ability to participate in a collaborative environment.
- B.Sc. degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Shipped titles in the Unreal Engine.
- Experience working in interactive narrative.
- A passion for better representation in games and game development.
- Able to align with team and project goals, but isn’t hesitant to prove out solutions of their own.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Working Schedule
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave
- Family Leave
- Disability Leave
How to Apply:
Please send us your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com
with “Gameplay Programmer - YOUR NAME” in the subject line.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law.