We're looking for a UI/UX Artist to bring our brand new-game to life on mobile, tablets, PC and console. If you are passionate about designing and building beautiful and intuitive interfaces for audiences with lots of different experience levels, this position might be just the challenge you're looking for!
The job will involve:
- Creating and iterating on wireframes and mock-ups to test UX designs.
- Creating mockups of the look and feel of the UI to work in harmony with the rest of the game.
- Finding a balance between beauty and speed to allow large-scale production where necessary.
- Building UI that is uniquely tailored to mobile, tablets, PC and console to take advantage of each platform, while maintaining a consistent look and feel.
There are no technical requirements for the position. If you can create mockups and game-ready assets in your favourite painting tool, that's enough for us.
This is a remote-working (but full-time) position:
- Work around your family and personal commitments. Work any hours of the day and week that make sense for you. We generally communicate over Slack or email, with occasional voice/video chat when convenient.
- You will need to have some reasonable timezone overlap with both Melbourne and the US. Sorry, European applicants!
- We'll be trusting you to be self-motivated and able to manage your own time and workload; we won't be micromanaging your task list.
Our dream UI/UX Artist is:
- A passionate artist who knows how to make stunning UI that remains simple and easy to use.
- Someone with an appreciation of cozy games, builders and life simulation games on all platforms and a deep understanding of their user interfaces.
- A lateral thinker. We are treading new ground and solving new problems and out-of-the-box solutions will be highly valued!
- A kind and supportive team member – someone who doesn't hesitate to give others feedback on their work in a way that makes them feel valued, and is excited to present their ideas when others have problems.
This will be a full time fixed-contract position for 12-18 months, covering the duration of the project.
About Studio Drydock
Studio Drydock is making games for diverse audiences, and it's super-important to us that our team is just as unique and varied. We encourage you to apply even if you don't think you meet all of the criteria.
You won't find any guns or explosions in Studio Drydock games; we're making experiences for the vast majority of the world that finds fun in creativity, exploration and building.
Studio Drydock is built on a foundation of support and independence in equal measure. We value our team members' unique experiences and trust them to do their jobs the way they know how, knowing people will reach out when they need it.