We're looking for someone to craft the aural experience of our game.
If you're up for the challenge of crafting the complete audio experience of a cozy, accessible game for consoles, PC, tablet and mobile, we want to hear from you!
What we're looking for:
- Concept, placeholder and temp-tracking of sound and music to establish the game's audio style.
- Sourcing and/or recording of foley for all of the game's in-game and UI sound effects. The game covers both realistic and fantasy elements.
- Coordinating with and/or supervising the musical direction of the game.
- Help with the direction and integration of full character voice over for all in-game dialogue.
- Planning and scheduling of the entire audio production from concept to shipping.
Regardless of whether you produce your work alone, alongside a composer, or with outsourcing, we would be interested in hearing from you if you think you can deliver on the above.
Our dream candidate:
- Loves every aspect of audio design, and has a passion for sharing great design found in games and other media.
- Has a deep understanding of “cozy” games, builders or life simulation games.
- Understands and appreciates the considerations and opportunities afforded by designing for console, PC, tablet and mobile devices.
- A kind and supportive team member – someone who doesn't hesitate to give others feedback on their work in a way that makes them feel valued, and is excited to present their ideas when others have problems.
This is a remote-working position:
- Work around your family and personal commitments. Work any hours of the day and week that make sense for you. We generally communicate over Slack or email, with occasional voice/video chat when convenient.
- You will need to have some reasonable timezone overlap with both Melbourne and the US. Sorry, European applicants!
- We'll be trusting you to be self-motivated and able to manage your own time and workload; we won't be micromanaging your task list.
This will be a full time fixed-contract position for 12-18 months, covering the duration of the project.
About Studio Drydock
Studio Drydock is making games for diverse audiences, and it's super-important to us that our team is just as unique and varied. We encourage you to apply even if you don't think you meet all of the criteria.
You won't find any guns or explosions in Studio Drydock games; we're making experiences for the vast majority of the world that finds fun in creativity, exploration and building.
Studio Drydock is built on a foundation of support and independence in equal measure. We value our team members' unique experiences and trust them to do their jobs the way they know how, knowing people will reach out when they need it.