ABOUT THE ROLE
Our core value proposition is using synthetic data as a replacement for real data in developing Computer Vision models. Therefore, one of our core activities is generating synthetic data in virtual environments and making sure that it can be used to train deep learning computer vision models that generalise to out-of-distribution target data from the real world.
Sitting at the heart of this product, is the graphics engine and its capabilities that allow us to generate fast and accurate synthetic data. Your expertise and knowledge of ray-tracing, rasterisation and advanced global illumination techniques will help us take our synthetic data to the next level. You will work together with 3D modellers on procedural pipelines & tools that create varied digital assets and varied 3D worlds.
You will have had a close encounter implementing features such as lighting, effects, shaders and worked with Substance Designer or similar tools. Expertise in Unity, Blender, Unreal or any other modern rendering engine is a must, as well as an understanding and interest in using Houdini. Your software engineering mindset will help us solidify and further grow our internal tooling and best practices. Finally, you will work together with our computer vision engineers to improve the data generation process.
You will be part of a fast-growing startup, who values your input and experience, and you will contribute to our core IP, from ideation to production. As we grow, you will have the ability to grow and take on new challenges. You are a team player and understand that problem solving is a joint effort and will help others learn and develop. You are passionate about computer vision & computer graphics and care about making an impact through your work.
- Lead and manage the efforts to advance our computer graphics pipeline
- Design, implement and deploy CG features that improve our data and synthetic generation pipeline.
- Collaborate with team members and lead the research efforts towards advancing Neurolabs' computer graphics capabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science/Physics/Maths or related quantitative subject.
- 4+ years experience shipping computer graphics solutions or working in a research-driven environment where the core focus is computer graphics.
- Strong grasp of latest research in real-time rendering, global illumination, ray-tracing & procedural modelling.
- Keen interest in Computer Vision is a plus.
- Good written and excellent spoken communication skills as well as attention to detail.
- Proficient with Python, C# and Unity, C++ and Unreal.